Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life Flies By!

I was laying in bed and I couldn't get to sleep. It is really hot in our house and we hate running the AC. I am amazed at how fast time flies. We have been married almost ten years and our kids are all growing up. I feel at times that life is just going and I wish I could stop life and just hang out for a while. It reminds me of a Greg Brown song, "Spring Wind".

I lived awhile without you, darn near half my life. I no longer see our unborn children, born to you my lovely wife. But yesterday I had a vision, beneath the tree where we once talked, of an old couple burning their love letters so their children won't be shocked. Love calls like the wild birds-- it's another day. A Spring wind blew my list of things to do...away. My friends are gettin older, so I guess I must be too. Without their loving kindness, I don't know what I'd do. Oh the wine bottle's half empty-- the money's all spent. And we're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent. Children go to sleep now-- you know it's gettin' late. I know you don't like to miss nothin' and school ain't that great. Oh, I'll dance with you when you're happy, and hold you when you're sad, and hope you know how glad I am, just to be you're Dad. Darlin' it's been a hard go but I think we'll be okay. I know I say that all the time like everything else I say. Oh, I've been gone so often, but every time I miss you, and I don't really know nothin', Except I like to kiss you.
I wish I was as poetic as Greg Brown but I am glad I don't look like him

Back to the family, we went camping a couple of weeks ago and we are ready to go again it was so nice to get away!Miriam and Eli. Poor Liza having her face all squeezed!

Tyler and Leia. She was so grumpy on this trip!

Leia was especially grumpy when we hiked!

We had chili and Leia had two bowls at the sa me time.

We went with some neighbors. Miriam and Shelby and Shelby's new little baby.

Eli strikes a pose.

6 comments:

Jolene said...

Miriam,
What are you doing? Two posts in one week- you're making me look really bad now.
I swear it's disgusting how beautiful you are in all your pictures- it's not fair your hair is always perfect.
I would be as grumpy as Leia too if you made me go camping when there was still snow on the ground.
Have a good week and see you next Thursday.

Jolene

ML said...

Your blog looks great! Who writes it, Tyler or Miriam, or both? We did see Anna and Michael on the Vineyard. It was really fun to catch up. They are still seeing each other, and they're planning to come through Salt Lake sometime around August 20th. We talked about all of us getting together for dinner or something. If you haven't already commented on Kristi's blog, I'm sure she would love to hear from you and see your blog. :)

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Hi Miriam! I'm sooo happy your a blogger too!! ML was right I'm glad you left a comment. It's so good to hear from you! I miss you! Your family is getting so big! It is so nice to catch with pictures! I wonder if Eli rembers me??? Your hair looks really long! You did it! you grew it out, I'm a proud momma! Love ya! Lets keep in touch! :) :)

Somer said...

Sorry you feel neglected. We love you. I check every day to see if you've posted. I'm so happy when you have. We love you lots!

Melissa: said...

Cute pictures! I love Greg Brown, and that song too.

I know just how you feel.

Melissa: said...

...And I'm glad for you that you don't look like him ;) (hee hee)